What are cookies?
Cookies a small files of text and numbers that are downloaded and installed on the user’s device through their browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) or through a Flash app. Cookies enable websites to “remember” the user, either during a visit or during several visits, and to store data on their preferences to offer a personalised, easier, and faster experience. Only the server to have installed it can read its contents, which are anonymous. Although they are not installed on your hard drive, because they are made up of just text or numbers they are unable to access personal data on your device or transmit viruses, and they merely track browsing on a website. For more information on cookies, please see the following link: http://www.iabspain.net/privacidadeninternet/usuario.
Types of cookie
There are many types of cookie and they are classified according to their permanence in your device, who installs them, and according to their purpose, techniques, and whether they are for advertising, analysis, customisation, etc. The different cookies are explained below according to their function:
- Session cookies: These cookies are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are often sued to store data that is only to be kept to provide the service requested by the users on one occasion.
- Persistent cookies: Theses are a type of cookie in which the data remains stored in the device and that can be accessed and processed over a set period by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
- First-party cookies: These cookies are created by a website and can only be read by that website.
- Third-party cookies: These are created and managed by other entities, such as advertising, customisation or analysis service providers. These third parties cannot report anonymous data.
- Technical cookies: These cookies enable users to browse a website, platform or app and to use the different options or services included in it, e.g. control traffic or communicate data.
- Custom cookies: These cookies enable users to access using certain general predefined characteristics according to a series of criteria in the user terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional settings from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies enable the party responsible for the cookies to track and analyse the behaviour of users of the website to which they are linked. The data collected using this type of cookies is used to measure website, app or platform activity and to prepare user browsing profiles for these sites.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies allow for the most effective management possible of the advertising spaces that, where applicable, the publisher has included on the website, app or platform from where the service requested is provided based on criteria such as the published contents or the frequency with which the adverts are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies allow for the most effective management possible of the advertising spaces that, where applicable, the publisher has included on a website, app or platform from where the service requested is provided. These cookies store behavioural information on the users obtained from permanently observing their browsing habits, allowing for the development of a specific profile to display custom advertising depending on it.
Cookies used on this website
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analysis tool that provides website users with information on the degree of user involvement with their website. Google Analytics clients can consult several reports that describe how users visiting their websites interact, so that they can be improved. Google Analytics collects anonymous data, i.e. it informs of the trends of the site without identifying its users.
We must have your consent for us to be able to install cookies on your device, which can be requested expressly or, once indicated, if you decide to continue with your visit to our website, you will be considered to have given your consent
Withdrawal of consent
If you decide later on to withdraw your consent, simply click on the residual cookies button, go to more info and set your browser to reject cookies. You should also erase the history to delete any already installed. If, for any reason, you decide that you do not want cookies to be installed on your device, we are obliged to inform you on how to do this, for which your browser must be configured. The links for cookie settings in the main browsers are provided below.
Please find below the links to the necessary information on disabling cookies in the most common browsers:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web-rastrear-preferencias?redirectlocale=es&redirectslug=habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?visit_id=0-636551575431036456-2187896062&hl=es&rd=1
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042?locale=es_ES
You can also use third-party tools that are available online (for example, the Ghostery extension: https://www.ghostery.com/about-ghostery/privacy-statements/, https://www.ghostery.com/faqs/), and individually block any cookies, plugins or widgets that are not of interest.
In all cases, we recommend systematically clearing the browsing and cookies history on your device.
Third-party cookies may be modified, implemented or erased without informing us, so we cannot be held responsible for ensuring the data remains up to date at any time, as indicated by law. However, to offer a better data service, we have linked the Cookie and Privacy Policies of these third parties so that you can consult their latest version at any time.